COPYRIGHT AILEEN SECORD PHOTOGRAPHY

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Oh. My. God.


For those of you who've followed our other blog and well, know us, Nick and I are engaged!!! Holy crap!

It all happened on Christmas Eve. We spent the holidays in Cabo, and it was quite the trip of "firsts": first time not going back to Michigan for Christmas, the first time really NOT celebrating Christmas, my first time in another country (Canada does not count, in my book- up until recently I could get in with my driver's license), and indeed, my first (and if I have it my way, only) time getting engaged.

We were lounging oh so very luxuriously near the infinity pool, glass of some undoubtedly alcoholic beverage in hand, and Nick goes "want to take a walk on the beach?" "Sure," I say, "let me just get my camera."

"Oh, you don't really need to bring that," is his response.

So the two of us walk along, soaking in the amazing views, and headed toward dark rocks protruding from the ocean. We stopped when we could no go further. I turned to the ocean because truly, I was in awe of how gorgeous it the whole scene was! Of course I was rambling away about how much I loved the view. I took a moment of silence and behind me I hear, "Baby?" I turned. And this is when everything went into slow motion- Nick reached into his pocket, and as he's doing so goes down to one knee. My first thought before the words came out was, omg. He pulled out a little black box. My thought: probably just earrings in that box, right? And then he said "will you marry me?" and pops open the little box. Even then I was almost in disbelief. Even when I saw the diamonds glittering away.

"Oh my god. YES! Oh my god. *we hug* Oh my god. Ohhhh my god.

No comments:

Post a Comment